According to the official website of Câmara Municipal, Ricardo Annes Guimarães was awarded the Diploma of Honor and Merit on April 18 by City Hall as requested by Daniel Nepomuceno, a member of the council. President of the House, Léo Burguês de Castro was in charge of opening the ceremony.
Immediately after the opening, Daniel Nepomuceno complimented Ricardo Guimarães for being one of the prominent leaders in sports investments in Brazil, saying that it was an honor to acknowledge him.
Léo Bourgeois cited that Guimarães was awarded the Grand Collar of Legislative Merit in 2004 and that it was a pleasure to open the doors of the House to pay respect to this entrepreneur once again. The member of the House also mentioned the progress made in the sports sector in the period between 2001 and 2006 saying that Guimarães was responsible for getting the finances of Atlético Mineiro in order and the construction of one of the best Training centers in the country.
Deputy Governor Alberto Pinto Coelho said that honoring this person is an important step towards the development of the sports sector in Brazil. After highlighting the terms, the president of the House handed the diploma to the guest of honor.
Ricardo Guimarães gave many thanks in return to councilman Daniel Nepomuceno, saying that he is loyal to his origins and that it is an honor to keep his grandfather’s will alive. He also stated that BMG has the largest portfolio of investments in sports.
It is worth noting that Ricardo Guimarães is an important businessman in the mining sector and the head of BMG bank. Since 1998, Ricardo has continued in his grandfather’s footsteps to make the Guimarães family an important player in the world of finance. Thanks to the leadership of Ricardo Guimarães, BMG occupies now the largest share of the personal loans and payroll loans market in Brazil.
The Pentagna Guimarães Family has been in the finance sector since 1930 and controls all of the Banco de Minas Gerais, which offers several financial services for individuals and entities.
In July 2012, BMG formed a joint venture in the form of a partnership agreement with Itaú Unibanco SA to distribute and sell appropriated credits in Brazil. In April 2012, these two entities united their efforts to concentrate consigned credit operations. BMG holds now a 40% share of the voting capital stock while Itaú Unibanco holds the other 60%.
The BMG bank is strongly involved in the sports sector via the valuation of talent in Minas Gerais and the promotion of sponsorships in various sports, particularly well-known athletes in the international arena. Ricardo Guimarães confessed that supporting committed and professional athletes is very important. He also stated that all of these partnerships aim to raise the company profile as a tribute to the miners.